The Business Development Office is here to help new and existing businesses in Town through the application development and building permit process. We connect new and existing businesses with the resources they need to open, expand, and operate a business in the Town of Bluffton.
The Division’s goals and objectives are to:
- Continual contact during the application process to ensure the application is expedited
- Ensure transparency
- Increase ways for businesses to interface with government and provide access to helpful information
Want to open a business in Bluffton? Browse the following resources:
- Find utilities via the Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority.
- Research and plan using the Small Business Administration website before you start.
- Our Chambers of Commerce or Hilton Head Island can help assist in ribbon cuttings.
- Visit SCORE's website for free advice from current or retired business leaders. If you're just starting a business, SCORE mentors can provide the practical action plan, education and tools you need to open your doors and establish a customer base. Already own a business? SCORE mentors can help identify ways to increase profit, improve employee and customer satisfaction, and achieve work/ life balance.
Employee Training Resources
- The Technical College of the Lowcountry is dedicated to working with area employers to develop and deliver educational programs that will cultivate an effective workforce that is committed to successful outcomes.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) is the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol.
- Watch Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Workplace Safety videos.
For assistance and/or to set up time to discuss your project or idea, please contact Brad Mole, Housing and Neighborhood Services Administrator at 843-706-7818 for more information.
You may also contact the Town at 843-706-4500 to find out more information about the Town of Bluffton’s Business Development Office.